My new favorite natural cleaning recipe: vinegar and baking soda for cleaning your toilet bowl. Not only are those store bought toilet bowl cleaners filled with horrible chemicals, but they're expensive too! I've been thinking there has got to be a better way to get rid of that lovely ring around the toilet bowl. I recently came across this recipe using these two ingredients I now consider staples around my house.
Here's how i did it:
1) flush the toilet and turn off the water when the water is out of the bowl, before it fills up. It's fine if there is some water in there, but you want to have less than a full bowl worth.
2) pour in a splash of vinegar. I used about 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup.
3) pour some baking soda in there and watch it fizz with the vinegar.
4) take your toilet bowl brush and scrub the bowl out.
5) leave it for about 20 minutes before flushing and turning the water back on.
There you go! Easy shmeasy, and totally non-toxic! Not to mention CHEAP! Now you can enjoy your sparkly clean toilet bowl. Have at it, ladies!